Keep your baby away from the following:
- SHARP ITEMS such as knives, construction tools, blades ets.
- ELECTRICAL OUTLETS. He may insert his fingers or anything into them. This could result in electrocution.
- MATCHES OR LIGHTERS, anything that produces fire.
- MEDICINE. Always keep these out of his reach to prevent swallowing.
- DISINFECTANTS AND POISONOUS CHEMICALS which are combustible and harmful to skin, eyes, lungs, etc.
- PLASTIC BAG OR CONTAINERS. He may suffocate if he gets hold of such items.
- HOT OR BOILING WATER. This could cause burns or blisters.
- APPLIANCES. Huge items can be dangerous if your baby holds on to them for support. Others may burn or cut him. Keep him far from them.
- STAIRWAYS. If you have stairs at home, don't let him come near them, or make a small fence that he cannot jump over.
- Do not leave your baby unattended
- Cover sharp corners in your home
- Put away hazardous chemicals such as disinfectants, soaps, fluids and other cleaning materials
- Cover electrical outlets
- Build fences or gates to prevent him from reaching off-limits areas
- Keep toilet door and cabinets always closed.
Remember that the safety of a child depends on adults. Maintaining a safe and baby-friendly home is your responsibility as a parent. Keeping your environment safe for your baby would require certain adjustments but the effort that you put into it will be for the long-term welfare of your precious one.