- Slots should not be more than 2 and 3/8 inches apart to prevent the baby's head from getting stuck.
- All sides of the crib should be lined with bumpers pads.
- No sharp corners that could catch lose baby clothes.
- A mattress that fits snugly and perfectly on the crib's bedding.
- A railing 26 inches higher than the lowest level of the mattress support so that the baby cannot climb.
- No cutouts designs that could catch the baby's limbs or head.
- No plastic covering that may cause suffocation.